Strategic Relationship Representative, Australia (Sydney based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The role of Strategic Relationship Representative (SRR) is key to ensuring the success of Palo Alto Network’s fast-growing customer base. With goals and quotas aligned directly to customer retention, you are an inside role which is central to positioning renewals and additional software and hardware to current customers. Alongside this, you will work collaboratively with the channel to ensure that customers have a positive and successful experience with their Palo Alto Networks deployment.
You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding your quota by crafting and implementing strategic and tactical sales plans targeting deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a self-starter mentality to win business and market share by actively displacing competing technologies and further improving the security posture of existing customers. This is not just a career – it’s a meaningful challenge that impacts our lives in the digital age.
- Identify and develop all renewal opportunities focused on the ANZ markets, closing these, and seeking to cross-sell and upsell
- Dedicatedly position the renewal of support contracts, subscriptions to software, hardware and any other items to end users and the channel partners who serve them to ensure these are completed prior to contract expiry
- Understand and be able to articulate the value propositions of maintaining up to date and optimized cybersecurity solutions to end users and partners
- Have a clear comprehension of the value propositions of Palo Alto Networks products and why customers should leverage these
- Be able to articulate the importance of customer retention and growth to partners within the channel
- Understand broader changes to technology, how this impact cybersecurity and be able to relate these confidently
- Submit accurate and on time forecasts for upcoming business through the CRM and other forecasting tools
- Leverage and understand all tools and items for day to day tasks including; phone system, CRM, IT applications like outlook and excel, and quoting tools
- Assist with building and refining processes and best practices, within and outside the Renewals team
- Collaborate with field and other sales teams to assist with development and growth of new business opportunities
- A team player who is motivated by achieving goals and results
- Experienced in phone-based sales and marketing roles
- Proven track record of success in previous roles
- Experience with CRM and business management applications
- Able to convey the value propositions with confidence and clarity
- Flexible and can understand new concepts rapidly and articulate these
- Demonstrates analytical aptitude, able to read situations quickly with an eye for detail and patterns, enabling them to find the best possible solutions quickly
- An enthusiastic personality who can establish relationships in a high-performance environment
- On the ground experience selling to the dynamic ANZ markets; ideally, currently based in Australia
- A strong communicator; fluent in English and excellent at writing
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our inside sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.