Director, M&A Integration
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class strategy organization and looking for its next senior leaders in the area of security services.
As a Director, M&A Integration, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and be a critical part of the M&A team. You will be responsible for rapidly and successfully integrating current and new acquisitions into Palo Alto Networks, working across functions to drive, and continually streamline integration activities.
● Work with the M&A deal diligence team to define data-room requests and ensure a smooth handoff from deal completion to activity planning for Day 1 (post integration)
● Own and lead M&A integration program: plan, timeline and execution, “end to end” for new and current acquisitions
● Manage integration process - plan and conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders to both keep them informed of overall integration schedule and related changes as well as process for managing changes that might impact integration plan
● Understand best practices relating to lead to cash (L2C) processes, IT systems and the people side of integrations
● Influence and manage the integration execution, frame business options, help make decisions or escalate decisions, as needed
● Lead a virtual M&A integration team (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Global Customer Services, HR, IT, etc.) of cross functional leaders from Palo Alto Networks and the acquired organization to orchestrate impactful integration planning and execution and proactively navigate challenges as they arise
● Form strong relationships with key functional team leaders
● Document decisions & coordinate follow up on actions
● Create periodic executive and Board level updates of integration
● Measure progress of previous integrated acquisitions against goals and objectives
● Very strong program management skills and detail-oriented with experience in planning, design, and implementation of complex, cross functional programs
● Deep knowledge of business processes (lead to cash, support) and IT systems (like SAP, Salesforce)
● Effective in influencing and making high quality decisions and taking decisive action
● Ability to set and work tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
● Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal direction
● Experience leading M&A integration in large technology companies
● Business Leadership Skills:
● Strong, team-oriented leadership skills
● Able to independently identify, frame, and confront issues and make tough decisions
● Strong initiative taking and good business acumen
● Exceptionally strong communicator who is equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to independently craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications with top level company executives
● Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
● Able to establish and build close working relationships
● Strong personal credibility and counseling skills
● Team-oriented planner and decision-maker
● Ability to motivate, collaborate, and work successfully in a team environment
● Able to creatively drive consensus
● Change ambassador, while having empathy for the acquired team as they go through a big change
● Ability to analyze poorly defined areas and processes within a cross-functional organization
● Effective in implementing new and improved processes
● Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
● Experience applying various methodologies or practices to assess processes, business issues, and people
● Ability to extract key messages from detail and translate into audience appropriate messages
● Strong editing skills
We work hand in hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.