Workforce Management Business Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Workforce Management Business Analyst to assist the Global Customer Support Operations team in expanding the Workforce Management practice. The Workforce Management Business Analyst role is a key operational position for planning and appropriately staffing the Palo Alto Networks Technical Assistance Center (TAC). Primary responsibility is managing the scheduling and forecasting tools and systems. You should have knowledge of support business processes and a desire to help build an Enterprise Class service and support organization. We are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic environment and can take something from idea to execution with ease. Specifically, within the GCS Support Ops team, we encourage hands-on work and really owning and understanding the systems we support and the business we serve.
- Prepare and publish schedules for TAC staff. Schedule off phone activities such as meetings and special training courses to ensure optimal staffing
- Monitor and maintain the daily service level and productivity objectives; Optimize and adjust schedules as necessary to achieve TAC goals
- Ensure schedules are published in a timely manner
- Maintain and coordinate vacation and time-off requests
- Review schedule change requests to ensure they meet business objectives and ensure proper staffing levels. Also, review schedule discrepancies and update schedules accordingly.
- Responsible for administration and configuration of the users and the integrity of the data within the WFM system, including Users scheduling unit, shift accuracy as well as metrics data such as Interaction Volumes, AHT and ASA
- Recommend overtime shifts/hours based on need by day including weekends and holidays
- Prepare and analyze call volume forecasts and staffing plans
- Develop and generate interval, daily and monthly reports; analyze short-term and long-term interaction arrival patterns and trends and make staffing recommendations to TAC management
- Regularly meet with TAC management team to assess business needs and scheduling requirements Maintain full-time and partner staff resources to meet shift coverage requirements
- Compare results to forecast and identify opportunities for improvement
- Produce interaction volume forecasts on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Provide What-If staffing scenarios based on proposed changes
- Recommend, organize, develop and help implement process improvements using experience and facts to support
- Report system outages, adherence, skilling, and service level concerns to the WFM team, Contact Center Team and TAC Leadership as appropriate
- Develop ad hoc reports at the request of leadership and other key stakeholders
- Research and analyze data to provide insights into team performance. Perform root cause analysis to determine and explain variances in performance
- Produce dashboards and presentations for senior leadership covering received volume, team performance, schedule adherence, handle times, and additional KPIs
- Provide real-time and historical contact center data to the management team, including key performance indicators such as AHT, Shrinkage, Adherence, Service Level, etc., working closely with them to proactively identify ways to improve results
- Perform other assignments and activities as defined by management
- Experience in Workforce Management in a Multimedia Contact Center environment
- Understanding of contact center dynamics
- Understanding of basic telephony
- Familiarity with Genesys PureConnect/PureEngage and Optimizer WFM platform a plus
- Prior experience managing scheduling applications
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to make assessment and judgment calls quickly and accurately. Must possess the ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment skills
- Strong analytical ability. Analytical mindset with the ability to perform data manipulation for reporting purposes
- Advanced PC literacy, including advanced MS Excel, G-Suite (Google Sheets, Docs & Slides), MS SQL Management Studio is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, responsive, decision-oriented individual with emphasis on detail, organization, and quality
- Experience creating schedules and staffing models
Our Customer Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.