Senior Security Engineer - Cloud Automation (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed…intentionally…to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a member of the Infosec Threat and Vulnerability Management team, you will work on protecting mission-critical platforms, tools, and applications that will ensure the highest levels of security, availability and reliability of all our services and applications. We need creative and innovative problem solvers who can partner with our application development teams to make their cloud based services more secure without compromising usability and availability. Our TVM team is tasked with an awesome opportunity to build cloud security automation that will support our company's future growth.. If you are a self-starter and love to drive new ideas to bring cloud security automation ideas into reality, this is your new career.
- Subject Matter Expert on cloud infrastructure and configuration security
- Design and implement security automation to reduce cloud based risk exposures
- Design and build various data integration processes utilizing our security tool APIs
- Engage and drive internal development teams in order to shift the implementation of security practices into the build and deployment processes (Shift Security Left)
- Collaborate with Product teams to provide first customer feedback
- Create, manage, and automate processes for remediation prioritization for identified Cloud based vulnerabilities
- Develop and mentor other security engineers on security standards and policies, automation practices, and data management and visualization
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security engineering or architecture role(s)
- Expertise in Cloud based security configurations and best practices (GCP prefered , AWS)
- Expertise in at least one language like (Python, Ruby, Go) and shell scripting
- Strong experience with cloud security analysis tools (Redlock, Twistlock, etc)
- Previous experience with SOAR Platforms (Demisto, Phantom, Swimlane, etc)
- Previous experience with Linux system administration
- Previous experience in a DevOps, Site Reliability, or infrastructure engineering role
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Familiarity with infrastructure / configuration management utilizing a framework such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack quickly on own
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special needs, please contact us at email@example.com
Learn more about the amazing work experience at Palo Alto Networks here!