Director, Strategy and Operations (Global Events & EBC)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an A-Player leader who can take our Event and EBC Operations & Standards to the next level. The role is Director of Strategy & Operations, reporting to the VP of Events and Executive Briefing Program.
The perfect hire is a detail-oriented experienced leader with operational depth and disruptive thinking who can lead through transformation. We are looking for a top-notch strategy and operations driver who is also a multiplier leader with passion, authenticity, great communication skills, and a proven relationship builder who has the ability to drive excellence in execution.
As Director of Strategy and Operations, your mission will be to catalyze and enable the Events and Executive Briefing team to operate at high levels of performance and reach full potential as a world-class function. This newly created role will be a key member of the leadership team, responsible for creating, managing, and improving team-wide operating mechanisms, processes, tools, and systems.
Successful candidates are strong leaders with deep knowledge of enterprise marketing, marketing tools (including CRM), and demonstrated success in leading large complex projects and processes across global teams and organizations. You get excited about building replicable systems and processes – and facilitating others to do their best work and have a passion for the customer at the core of everything you do. You are highly organized with excellent follow-through, have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, and can establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. You are creative and embrace new ideas but are also able to make data-driven decisions and ruthlessly prioritize.
- Create a team-wide process for defining and improving KPIs and success metrics. Standardize on reporting mechanisms and cadence.
- Lead the effort to define and apply a well-planned taxonomy around our global events, to ensure there is clarity and definition to ensure a common language and understanding.
- Define and drive standards for event operations, and tools across Tier 1, 2, and 3 events to enable global scaling and consistency.
- Streamline event systems and operations by using technologies and tools to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Drive the development and roll-out of repeatable, highly efficient frameworks, event toolkits and playbooks to deliver global consistency and amplify outputs.
- Support the team in moving from being project-focused to outcome-focused.
- Create systems to help our team be customer-centric and insights-driven in our decision making. Represent the team cross-functionally with other CX-focused roles and initiatives
- Create a program to ensure our listening posts for Voice of the Customer are shared and actionable.
- Lead the vendor/agency strategy, planning and sourcing efforts in partnership with Procurement.
- Own the budgeting and procurement processes, to ensure that all event and EBC programs are compliant. Lead partnership with Finance and Procurement.
- Own the vendor and tool strategies, as well as supporting the team by managing all shared resources.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing leadership, and/or strategic operations in a global role.
- Proven capability/experience with planning and prioritization.
- Passionate and deeply knowledgeable about best practice/excellence in marketing.
- Extensive expertise with marketing and business metrics – how to define, manage, and evolve.
- Goal-oriented and people-focused – a passion for leading and developing teams.
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Excellent written communication. Able to create clear, well-structured communications and presentations as well as communication strategies.
- Excellent verbal communication. Comfortable presenting to senior executives/presenting in large meetings.
- Exceptional communication and a team player mindset, that collaborates as standard practice, and operates successfully leading both their own team and virtual working teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive leadership and all levels of stakeholders to drive & influence collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for reporting and analytics
- Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Challenge status quo and is constantly looking for ways to change the game.
- Bachelor's degree or master’s degree in business, marketing, or technology preferred.
- Domain expertise in cybersecurity B2B marketing preferred.
- Experience with Global Events and EBC teams preferred.
- International and domestic experience preferred.
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.