Sr. Manager, Channel Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This is a Channel Sales Operations Sr. Manager role supporting distribution as a business partner for the Distribution VP. Do you have strong experience relating to doing business through the channels, sales planning with analytical acumen, and the ability to develop strong partnerships with sales management as well as cross-functional teams? You will project manage and lead projects which help reduce costs of doing business and increase operational scale and for both Palo Alto Networks and its distribution partners by increasing automation, improving efficiencies, streamlining operational processes, and integrating IT systems. You will own and maintain various operations cadence, forecasting, and business reviews, as well as monitoring and improving overall pulse of distribution business through sales tools, processes, and metrics; empower decision-making, drive strategic initiative, measure performance, and enable sales teams to focus on execution with accuracy.
- You will be the single point of contact for Palo Alto Networks Global Distribution channel into the operations community. Act as their voice on all initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, company policy changes, etc. Assist in removing inhibitors and working closely with extended channel operations team.
- Support and drive continuous improvement across sales planning, strategy, processes, and tools. You will be the sole project manager on several key initiatives, which will require documenting processes, gaining necessary approvals, coordinating with IT for system enhancements, educating the channel and field communities, and training distributors.
- Identify potential process improvement opportunities and spearhead solutions
- Single point of contact for all operational issues related to distribution, including commercial business segmentation, distributor inventory, reporting, rebates
- Standardize and automate process to provide global distributors with all required reports. Track distribution progress against business plan metrics for channel management and distributors.
- Create and monitor Palo Alto Network’s NextWave compliance reviews and processes
- Support 'standard' and 'exceptional' processes related to quoting and order processing with new Speedboat products. Create and provide distributor training.
- Deliver distribution operations capability and flexibility for the evolving routes-to-market (marketplaces) and customer consumption preferences which distribution will serve including traditional wholesale business, Service Provider business, Cloud business
- Lead systems integration projects between Palo Alto Networks and distributors for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and eventually XML and API integrations
- Establish consistent processes and operational tools for “War Room” virtual environments at EOM/EOQ to ensure flawless execution of all Commit orders
- Coordinate activities and priorities of enablement functions to improve alignment to sales strategy
- Work closely with functional and sales management on GTM segmentation and coverage strategy implementation
- Work closely with Theatre and HQ Sales Operations on all Account and Territory management, Order Bookings and Commission, and Comp Plans
- Review and identify areas for improvement leading to operational efficiency, process optimization and field acceleration (sales enablement tools, process, and programs)
- Assist in sales strategy and segmentation and execution of pathway businesses
- Work closely with Theatre Sales Operations, establish qualitatively and quantitative KPIs and Scorecards allowing sales leadership to take a pulse of each performance initiative
- Represent distribution channel and ensure specific needs and issues are addressed and fits within the corporate overarching strategy and compliance
- Act as key liaison for aligning territory quotas/plans and managing compensation escalations/exception situations
- Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process
- Track quarterly metrics on general business performance, average discounts, non-standard exceptions, etc.; recommend action items for improvement
- Drive month-end and quarter-end close process; facilitate tracking of outstanding purchase orders, ensuring order compliance, bookings reports, etc.
- Strong sales operations, planning, and analysis experience a must
- Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- 3– 5 years of distribution or channel operations experience within an IT vendor
- 3 – 5 years of experience in relevant functional areas including project management, IT business/operations systems, and finance management preferred
- 2 – 3 years of supply chain logistics preferred
- Comprehension of processes including “ship-n-debit”, price protection, stock rotation, inventory management systems, channel revenue recognition (POS, POP, NCNR, EOL), etc
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce preferred and/or Anaplan a plus
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint; Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business
- Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
- Works well under pressure of heavy workload and time constraints
- Strong understanding of Distribution, Channels, Sales and supporting business functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, operations preferred
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.