At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will play an instrumental role in working with our Federal Government customers across the globe to drive adoption of our Cloud Security solutions. You will set the stage for large and important deals from a cloud architecture perspective and providing future direction and strategy to customer C-Suites. You’ll play a key role in disrupting the security industry and fundamentally changing how Federal Governments consume cloud security technology, resulting in a more secure digital environment for all their constituents.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with our Federal sales teams, customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs that they face in their environments on a day-to-day basis. You’ll ensure we deliver cloud security for Federal Governments that match the level of innovation found throughout our organization. You think about products differently, facing difficult challenges, and innovating solutions never created before. You will be involved with the Federal-focused product capabilities throughout all stages of life-cycle: conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities.
● As a Senior Product Manager, you will be part of the Federal Government team in R&D
● Build highly automated solutions to real-world customer issues in securing their cloud workloads leveraging a combination of products and cloud services, allowing customers to realize the best outcomes out of the Palo Alto Networks platform as they adopt cloud principles.
● Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud security across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to Federal decision makers
● Provide technical content to Government Affairs policy/standards efforts
● Build Global knowledge and grow expertise in Cloud Security deployments
● Understand how all our cloud security products work and identify what is needed for them to be successful in the Federal space
● Develop creative features in support of the Federal product strategy to address emerging needs
● Support Federal Government customers with cloud offering creation, go-to-market strategy, and implementation
● Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, pricing, product strategy, and product positioning
● Able to effectively communicate, with all invested areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
● Willingness to travel to further customer engagement and relationship development
● Anticipates future cloud security needs and work to get ahead of potential client needs or requirements
● Develop a solid technical understanding of the cloud security product line to speak fluently with SEs, RSMs, and more to explain our GTM strategy and capabilities
● BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree
● MBA highly desired
● CISSP or other similar security certifications desired
● Domain expertise in security and cloud architectures, networking, and security for Federal Governments
● Hands-on nature with a strong interest in cloud technology products
● Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
● Minimum 5 years’ experience architecting and securing workloads in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS
● Minimum 3 years (concurrent) multi-cloud scripting experience in one or more of Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, AWS Lambda
● DevOps or DevSecOps experience is desirable
● Experience with API/SDK in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● FedRAMP certification experience including knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls, FedRAMP process, SSP development, product gap analysis and assessment highly desired
● Hands-on in-style and approach to working with very strong interest and demonstrable aptitude in technology products
● Ability to understand complex cloud security architectures
● Technical background in enterprise security; specialized knowledge in network security, cloud security, endpoint security and cryptography highly desirable
● Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal partners and customers
● Working knowledge of Military Branches, Pentagon, DoD Commands, the Intelligence Community, and Federal Civilian Agencies highly desired
● Active Top Secret Clearance required as a minimum, SCI preferred
● Established credibility with Federal senior executive teams
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.