Major Account Manager, Telco
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As we continue to grow as an organization, we are hiring premier major accounts sales professionals to run and drive sales engagements into a set of new enterprise accounts. You will be expected to exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. Partnering with a systems engineer, you will displace competing technologies and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts.
You a motivated by a hunger to solve critically difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites, and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by our solutions. Your credibility will guide customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.
- Acquire, lead, and develop major accounts within your assigned region
- Strong account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
- Conduct effective presentations to C—level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
- Establish relationships with and sell through channel partners
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity industry, products, and competitor offerings
- 10+ years of exceeding quota sales experience
- BS technical degree or equivalent
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSEC VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- Strong communication both written and verbal, including presentation skills for clients and internal partners
- Enterprise sales experience with an actionable rolodex of decision makers
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Possess a deep understanding of the complexities around products and technology integrations
- Local travel is required, with international travel when necessary
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.