Senior Critical Response Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As part of the Critical Response Team, you will be responsible to provide reactive and proactive technical support to Palo Alto Networks End User Customers via phone, e-mail, web, and onsite. Strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills are required to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify escalations. This will include but not limited to, analyzing trending cases, provide software update consultation, customer satisfaction trends. The team is a multi-functional group, flexibility, communication, and problem-solving are key to its success.
- Onsite Technical support to customers, with complex multi-vendor environments 50-90% Travel)
- Be able to manage critical support escalations for customers and engage multiple cross-functional teams to coordinate and drive escalations to expedient resolution
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Provide proactive support and issue trending for Elite customers
- Provide issue replication for testing fixes/configuration changes
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Produce get-well outline plan to be followed for a resolution to problems
- Mentor junior engineers on knowledge and case progression
- Available for On-call 24/7 deployments
- 5+ plus years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with TCP/IP is a requirement
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Strong experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT / GRE)
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products a plus
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passport with no travel restrictions is a requirement
Our Customer Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.