Finance Director, R&D
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an exceptional Finance Director to join our R&D Finance team. This position reports to the VP of FP&A and will partner closely with the Product Management organization. We’re looking for a strong leader with exceptional analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will work with executive business partners in Product and Engineering teams to help drive strategic decision-making, provide financial insight, and build operational rigor and efficiency. You will own the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for these teams and provide recommendations to your business partners within these key functional areas. You will also be responsible for key financial deliverables and ad hoc analyses.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for R&D and DevOps teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers of the R&D functions in order to communicate how these drivers impact the strategic and financial future of the company
- Develop a deep understanding of cloud costs and help facilitate trade-off and optimization decisions
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including business drivers and reporting
- Provide advanced analytics and develop new processes and tools to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Build, manage, and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning
- Manage software capitalization process, developing a scalable and process, ensuring appropriate accounting controls are maintained
- Ensure appropriate financial rigor is applied in spending decisions. Identify and drive optimization opportunities
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years related experience showing strong career progression; prior R&D Finance experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an understanding of software, appliances and/or SaaS business models
- Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back. Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner
- Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.