Cloud Community Manager w/Support Experience
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Community Manager reports to the Cloud Content Delivery Program Manager and will be responsible for technical content creation, community management, audience development and driving engagement for Palo Alto Networks’ Public Cloud Security self-service initiatives. The Community Manager role will include producing educational content for the community, as well as engaging and supporting community members on an ongoing basis while maintaining the Palo Alto Networks brand.
We are looking for an independent self-starter with critical thinking skills. You are comfortable in a face-paced, dynamic environment. You should be technically proficient, have a keen eye for what resonates with the audience, be a solid content producer and a superb communicator. You are eager to learn new concepts and offer guidance utilizing your past experiences.
Overall, this person is nimble and welcomes the continuing evolution of digital communities. You have strong community management and content development background with specific examples of your success with enterprise customers.
- Understand the challenges of public cloud security users
- Improve our self-service customer journey wherever needed, be it documentation, data analytics, support, workflow or more
- Support users by developing new technical content, documentation, tutorials and debugging new issues as they are presented
- Convert community posts into Knowledge Base articles
- Track relevant community metrics and provide regular updates to management
- Engage with multiple teams including product, development, engineering, marketing, and support – to drive community success
- Cultivate relationships with major contributors and help promote their content
- Solicit and synthesize user feature and product feedback
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers online on how to establish and manage their Cloud Security Change Management
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Be Go-To customer expert on the community for Palo Alto Networks public cloud security solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record (3+ years of experience) building and managing communities, preferably technical in nature
- Work experience with pre or post-sales, support, customer success, consulting or similar roles
- Demonstrated ability to produce user-facing technical content
- Familiarity with the cloud and related technologies
- Experience managing go-to-market initiatives with tough schedules
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring and reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, Hotjar)
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Willing to navigate ambiguity to understand and document answers to complex technical questions
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Comfortable working independently and autonomously, handling multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate up, down and laterally to project stakeholders
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry. We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and cyberattacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.