Senior Contracts Negotiator (Technology Transactions and Privacy)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is currently seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual to join its global legal department in Reston, Virginia as a Sr. Contracts Negotiator, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Commercial Contracts (located at headquarters in Santa Clara, CA) in the Technology, Transactions & Privacy practice group within the Global Legal Department. The Sr. Contracts Negotiator will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business on a daily basis. The team is focused on developing our next generation agreements and programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire security operating platform. This position will work closely with sales, sales operations, revenue and finance, channel operations and global customer service teams. You will also be an important resource for Legal colleagues on a global basis. Strong candidates are solutions-driven and independent, with direct experience in drafting and negotiating various technology, professional services and channel agreements. Excellent interpersonal, communication and drafting skills, and the ability to synthesize complex issues, influence and lead across functions are required – a sense of humor is a plus!
- In this position, the individual will engage in the contract review and execution process to ensure compliance with business requirements and company policies
- In partnership with Senior Manager, Commercial Contracts Negotiator, act as legal support for various customer-facing contracts, including drafting and negotiating contracts, engaging in special projects as assigned
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of privacy legal issues in order to review, draft and negotiate various Data Protection Agreements with customers and vendors
- Prepare, review and negotiate commercial agreements for procurement and revenue inbound/outbound licenses, distribution, professional services, statements of work, services and support contracts and NDAs
- Conduct responsibilities, projects and interactions in accordance with Palo Alto Networks’ stated values
- Work with cross functional teams as required to manage internal review and approval processes
- Work in Apttus CLM system to obtain signatures, approvals, and document specific contract terms
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4~6 years’ experience working in-house negotiating commercial contracts.
- Working knowledge of privacy and GDPR issues.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under deadline pressure.
- Diligent, flexible, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and computer skills are required.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
The legal team at Palo Alto Networks is a dynamic team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business every day. The team is immersed in developing new programs and evolving existing ones to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with teams from other departments to immerse yourself in the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, impacting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that drives solutions. You think creatively on the legal team, but with a higher purpose, driven by our mission to protect our digital lives.
Note: the role will be located in our Reston, VA office.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.