Intern - Software Engineer in Test, PANOS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The team that you will be working on is responsible for testing and automation aspects of L4-7 protocols, management, and reporting features.
Past projects have ranged from developing tools for soak data analysis, simulators for Palo Alto windows agents, automation on features using python framework, etc.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Work on automation of critical application, threat detection, large scale configuration, and data management features, etc
- Opportunity to improve monitoring and manageability of longevity test environments
- Work on feature enhancements for the internal data analysis tools
- Be proficient in one or more scripting/programming languages including Python or Perl
- Be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with setting up a virtualized environment is a plus
- Course work in computer networking is a plus
Our PanOS QA team is responsible for all aspects of functional testing PanOS products. The areas of responsibility for the group include testing and automation of L2-7 protocols, app-id, user-id, large scale configuration, and data management, etc.
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.