Technical Marketing Manager (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Technical Marketing Manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and employees.
In this role, you will work with state-of-the-art technology, redefining the future of SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response). You will lead efforts related to competitive testing and content creation. In addition, you will work closely with field customers, Systems Engineering, solution architects, Engineering, and Customer Success to enable and educate them on the product as well as receive feedback. You'll also work closely with the rest of the Product Management team to make sure that feedback and gaps are addressed in the product. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, able to work independently and as part of a team, identify sales challenges, and address solutions as needed.
You’ll be responsible for driving competitive testing and content related to our positioning and solving use cases. You have experience developing security and technical content, are passionate about security content, and exhibit technical skill, analytical skill, and editorial craftsmanship.
• Build out lab environments and run demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world simulations for marketing programs, including, but not limited to, webinars, events, and analyst meetings
• Assist with Executive Briefing Center sessions related to SOAR in our Santa Clara headquarters
• Be the subject matter expert/guide on SOAR to assist our Systems Engineers with customer scenarios and product-related questions
• Create at least one product integration video per week to demonstrate the power of our SOAR platform and its partner network
• Assist with speaking engagements at events and webinars
• Have the ability to travel 25% of the time
• Work with third-party security assessment organizations, such as NSS, to facilitate product evaluations and ensure our products are tuned to perform at their best
• Work with Product Management and Engineering to identify and close gaps in the product
• Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
• Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
• Minimum 3-5 years of technical marketing experience or equivalent
• Above average written and verbal interpersonal skills
• Deep understanding of security landscape, with SOAR technology preferred, including cloud security, security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation options
• Familiarity with security challenges and solutions
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high-impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.