Global Technical Programme Director
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Global Technical Programme Director plays a pivotal role in ensuring the availability, roadmap delivery and value of this high value technology programme to the company’s goals.
As Technical Director, you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of this programme in all Technical, Operational and Delivery aspects.
Programme business ownership
- Responsibility for delivering on the committed ROI, and on budget
- Manage and maintain the budget as the financial owner, working closely with your Finance partner
- Own viability of programmes, as a conduit to the other parts of the business, maintaining a successful dialogue and relationship across Marketing, and with Sales and other support functions to ensure ROI and process automation
Programme Capabilities ownership
- As overall programme owner, ensure that the programme capability remains current, relevant and aligned with Palo Alto Networks capabilities and vision
- Maintain operational ownership of the programme & team, ensuring delivery continuity in the most efficient, effective and professional manner, at the required capacity, to support all assigned delivery targets and objectives
- Maintain technical awareness and understanding of constant product changes, acquisitions and new developments as they relate to changing business priorities. Drive how the programme curriculum should evolve to always align with those priorities Maintain close working relationships with Product Management and the broader Systems Engineering organization to do so
Programme Roadmap delivery
- Act as the permanent Member of the CR Steering Group (CCB) and provide briefings and report changes and future developments as required
- Work with Marketing management to ensure consistent, timely and accurate messaging in a timely and consistent fashion
- Maintain overall technical solution ownership and as such, perform the role of the Change Manager. This will include but not be limited to:
o Workshop content and delivery methodology
o All tangible assets and developed services
o Security of the solution, including monitoring and Incident Management
o Roadmap & event Support
o Change control
o Programs BC & DR plan
o Assurance that all decisions or changes maintain a VFM approach
Program Vendor management
- Own all internal and external supplier and partner relationships at a B-2-B level. This will include, but not be limited to:
o Negotiation and agreement of all external contracts and supplier relationships. This shall also include working closely with Finance, Legal, Contracts and other internal organisations as required to deliver the required contract
o Monitoring and management of contracts and associated SLA’s or OLA’s related to the capability or service
Program Staff development
Staff development, establishment and ownership of staff goals and objectives (SMART), programme planning & schedule deconfliction – ensuring the resources and new capabilities are delivered in an optimum fashion whilst minimising costs and operational downtime
You must have experience in a demanding, technical leadership role and be able to demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Proven leadership skills with a diverse team, both geographically and in skills or competencies, in successfully delivering on all goals and milestones for the business;
- Strong, demonstrable problem solving skills – with examples - designing and leading the delivery of complex and innovative solutions against a set of challenging requirements and timelines. This would ideally be with a System Integrator or an Organisation where IT & Cyber were not the company’s focus
- Innovative thinking, demonstrating innovative or lateral approaches to problems · Technical Skills, as required for this role, below:
o Highly Competent in
- Security capabilities represented in the Palo Alto Networks portfolio
- Networking - all aspects
- Active Directory & Server Infrastructure
- GPO’s and GPPE’s
- ITIL min v3
o Demonstrated knowledge of or exposure to
- ISO 27001
- Certificate Services
- Web Services
- Strong ability to multitask with proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Strong English written and presentation skills - to all levels of the business, executive to engineer, Marketing to Product Management. Daily deliverables include technical briefings & presentations, policies & procedures, courseware and correspondence
- Flexibility – willing and capable to work in a fluid and dynamic work environment, with grace under pressure
- Given the global nature of this role and the key partner relationships the successful candidate will be based within the UK and have the ability to travel globally at least 40% of their time
- Agility, strong adaptability to change in this swift-moving market and in this innovative company that moves fast to keep our customers protected
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.