Intern - Data Governance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Based in Palo Alto Networks’ Amsterdam office, this Data Analyst intern position reports to Data Governance Lead. You can expect a great level of collaboration and appreciation from your peers in the accomplishment of your objectives. Tasks, responsibilities and project focus will be in alignment with personal goals and ambitions, and you will have a mentor supporting you throughout your internship.
- Provide support in EMEA by driving Data Governance’s initiatives
- Collaborate with team(s) on identifying gaps and improvement in account management
- Analyze data and provide recommendations on account hierarchies, enrichment values, etc.
- Perform data updates and audit of account information to increase account accuracy
- Track and monitor data trends in EMEA account routing for data cleansing
- Document end-to-end data flows across systems
- Record and track key project monitoring and tracking metrics
- Interest in the concerns and topics related to data governance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to pick up new tools/platforms as well as business processes
- Organize and proactive individual that can operate independently in solving complex problems with little guidance
- Experience dealing with multiple teams and have a business-centric approach
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Good experience in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of databases with data manipulation and transformation skills
- Working knowledge in data visualization skills in Tableau (or other such tools)
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. The program also features a combination of challenging projects with tangible impact, engaging social events, and networking opportunities. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The duration of our Internship Program is 5-6 months and provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship by industry leaders
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.