Software Engineer (Cloud Service)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative software engineer to join the Content Tools team that develops various cloud-based back-end services to power the Palo Alto Networks’ next generation firewall. You will be working on building challenging internal tools as well as cloud-based products
● Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and release for cloud-based products
● Design, Develop and Implement scalable web app, micro services in the cloud
● Commit to building a CI/CD solution for efficient and automated delivery of micro services
● Build reusable code and libraries, with performance and security in mind
● Work closely with DevOps, QA, and PM to gather requirements, design, implement and release
● Work hand-in-hand with DevOps to quickly address production issues ensuring customer success
● Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
● Experience with Python and/or Golang
● Experience with using/working on Linux, Docker, Redis, Nginx, Ajax, restful API, web services
● Experience with MySQL, ELK or MongoDB
● Experience with kubernetes, CI/CD, Jenkins, kafka, rabbitmq, AWS, GCP will be a plus
● BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
● To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and you must have the authorization to work within the United States
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.