Senior Engineering Program Manager (Prisma)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be expected to be versed in the technical domains and be able to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design creative products that will secure our digital life.
- Work with key partners in product management, engineering and cross-functional teams to manage the project deliverables
- Facilitate cross-functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with onsite and remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Responsible for driving a wide range of development & infrastructure work-streams as part of any given technical initiative. Able to work closely with Technical Architects/Technical leaders and understand technical topics
- Provide visibility and metrics of the current state of vulnerabilities to partners, as well as oversight and accountability of SLAs
- Engage in critical feature requests to help address our customers’ needs with existing capabilities and/or future features in the roadmap
- Effectively communicate critical issue status to all partners, customers, and teammates
- Identify systemic and pervasive issues related to processes and drive actions to prevent future problem
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced technical degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management experience
- Deep understanding of the agile software development lifecycle
- Experience working with engineering teams on defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules
- Executive presentation skills and experience in running program meetings
- Comfortable hosting senior level leaders and providing status/program updates
- Hands on experience with JIRA admin level, Confluence and other Atlassian products
- Very organized with strong project and/or program management experience with deep experience in cross-team coordination
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ownership for driving progress and resolution of customer's critical issues
- Knowledge of Public Cloud/Firewalls/SaaS Security technical areas
- Product development experience
- Detail oriented and results driven
- A strong sense of urgency and bias for action
- A real passion for helping customers and solving problems
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to connect the dots
- Experience with project planning tools such as Microsoft Project or SmartSheet is a plus
- Experience running bug scrubs is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.