Product Manager (Certifications - Continuous Monitoring)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch product managers to expand the team. As a product manager of certifications at Palo Alto Networks, you will play an instrumental role in attaining and maintaining certifications across our product line.
Certifications are of high value as they enable our products to be sold into many key markets around the world. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to the product certifications, as well as individually contributing much of the content required to obtain these certifications.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering and other stakeholders to develop certification strategies and execute in a timely manner, ensuring alignment of certification strategies and execution plans to business and product imperatives
- Own and drive all FedRAMP Continuous Monitoring activities
- Understand complex technical security architectures (including cloud architecture) and apply that to certification and compliance projects as needed
- Effectively communicate with all invested areas of the organization and management stakeholders, from engineering to sales
- Develop a solid technical understanding of the product line to speak fluently with consultants, certification agencies, and more to achieve certifications with a few additional resources as possible
- Perform basic product testing and certifications documentation development to ensure success during the certification process
- 5 - 7 years of total experience in Compliance or Governance and Risk Management
- At least 5 years for technology-focused risk assessments and remediation management
- At least 3 years experience with FedRAMP and Continuous Monitoring
- Skilled in a cross-functional team project and program management, with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience in one or more of these certifications including ISO 27001 (and/or other ISO extensions), SOC2, FedRAMP or other country-specific certifications for European and APAC countries
- Hands-on in-style and approach to working with a very strong interest and demonstrable aptitude in technology products
- A real passion to learn new certification schemes and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal partners and customers
- Understand the challenges of working in a distributed environment with multiple teams working on different problems
- Curious, positive, “can-do” and transparent attitude is very critical for success
- Unafraid to take charge, ask hard questions, manage distractions confidently yet respectfully and drive to goals
- Strong ability to work with minimum supervision
- Assertive yet open, thoughtful, respectful, and easy to work with; must embody Palo Alto Networks values
- BS degree ( or equivalent technical degree) required; MS preferred
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP or other similar security certifications desired
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.