Intern - Education Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an Education Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to develop a “voice of the customer” survey, interview numerous customers (students and faculty from high schools, colleges, and universities) across the globe, collect and analyze feedback, and make recommendations for program improvements. This is entry-level into the Palo Alto Networks Global Enablement organization which is responsible for enabling our customers to be successful in learning cybersecurity and adopting our technology.
The Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy exists to equip high school and post-secondary students with the next-generation cybersecurity knowledge and skills they’ll need to succeed in today’s rapidly changing cyberthreat landscape. Since launching in 2015, the program has grown to 560+ academies in 60+ countries.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Learn about the IT education market and the difference between customer training and academic learning
- Learn how learning products are designed and developed for each market segment and how they are marketed differently
- Virtually shadow global program managers responsible for rolling out new programs and account management
- Collaborate with regional program managers to increase program quality and customer satisfaction
- Have an interest in marketing and improving program and product quality and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Interested/willing to learn about cybersecurity and programs targeted at the academic market segment
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needs and possess strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident: the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the Cybersecurity Academy mission and benefits
- Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a
- GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Our Cybersecurity Academy team is responsible for developing cybersecurity education courses, enabling faculty to teach them, and passionately promoting the program to global education institutions enabling them to protect students in the digital age and fill the critical need for qualified cybersecurity professionals.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.