Intern-Software Engineer in Test, PANOS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The team that you will be working on is responsible for testing and automation aspects of L4-7 protocols, management, and reporting features.
Past projects have ranged from developing tools for soak data analysis, simulators for Palo Alto windows agents, automation on features using python framework, etc.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Work on the automation of software features on our next-generation security platform
● Opportunity to learn about firewall features and testing methodologies
● Work on developing internal tools
● Learn about Networking protocols, Automation Frameworks, Cloud, and Virtualization
● Strong in Python programming
● Good understanding of network routing/switching, protocols like BGP/TCP/IP
● Experience with Linux and Unix environments
● Experience with setting up virtualized environment is a PLUS● Course work in computer networking is a plus
You must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.