Product Strategy Principal
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. The Product Strategy team helps us do just that, by focusing on critical strategic and business challenges to drive and support our industry leadership and growth. We roll up to the Chief Product Officer and operate in an “unpolitical,” tight-knit environment with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture.
Your efforts will directly contribute to our trajectory and success, by driving complex technology and business problems that are top-of-mind for executives and the business. Your business insight, strategy experience, ability to paint the “big picture” as well as dive into the details, and influence will help you collaborate with different teams and functions to solve problems, uncover opportunities, and drive results.
- “Crack” tough problems: Structure and break down complex problems, develop hypothesis, drive rigorous analyses, and deliver data-driven, outcome-oriented recommendations
- Lead projects end-to-end: Define the approach, manage day-to-day stakeholder interactions, and drive alignment
- Support insight-driven decisions: Conduct thoughtful analyses and synthesize insights & implications
- Collaborate and build relationships: Work closely across teams and functions to gather the right information, pressure-test hypotheses & analyses, co-create deliverables, and accelerate execution
- Deliver results: Develop high-quality deliverables, articulate recommendations for leadership consumption, and bridge strategy with execution efforts
- Raise the bar: Be a team player as well as coach that enhances everyone’s capabilities
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including 3+ years post-MBA in strategy consulting (Bain, BCG, McKinsey), private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- MBA from a top-tier business school or similar academic credentials
- Independent thinker with endless curiosity, backed by a robust analytical skillset
- Effective verbal & written communication, and comfort with business & technical discussions with senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience in building trust, leading through influence, and collaborating across teams & functions
- Proven self-starter with a high-energy, company first, positive attitude that thrives in fast-paced environments
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves to get things done, and go beyond strategy to support execution and realization
- Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.#LI-MP1