Senior Technical Writer (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will help our customers bolster the security of their operations and critical data in the public cloud and mitigate cloud security and compliance risks that threaten their ability to drive digital business. As they adopt public cloud platforms, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can use our API-based technology to monitor their cloud assets, detect security risks and help incident response teams investigate and respond to threats. By developing high-quality content, you will ensure their success in using our services across multiple public cloud environments and help our customers safely adopt public cloud.
We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and integrates with cloud technologies, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users successfully deploy our technologies. This effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their enterprise resources and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and are familiar with public and hybrid cloud deployments and infrastructures so that you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you believe that delivering high quality documentation is the corner stone of customer success. You have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators, and can articulate not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting. You can also follow an established writing style guide and work with your editors to provide consistent and cohesive content, and the best possible documentation for our customers.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their security problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes and have a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them. You think and work independently, but operate as part of a team.
- Adaptable—You can prioritize, adjust to changes midstream, and succeed in an ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure), and are enthusiastic in writing about cloud-computing, containers, and orchestration technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with distributed team members.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience with topic-based writing and delivering content to enable a rich and engaging learning experience for users. For example, you have created deployment guides, onboarding tutorials, use case examples, and best practices guides, that enable customer success. Experience writing content for blogs is a plus.
- Proficient with DITA, structured FrameMaker, and AcrobatPro. Experience with Adobe AEM highly desirable.
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or Google Slides) is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools (Perforce), and bug tracking/collaboration tools (Jira/Confluence).
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyber attacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.