Manager - Site Reliability Engineering (GlobalProtect cloud service)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
GlobalProtect™ extends the protection of our next-generation security platform. GlobalProtect Cloud Service (GPCS) operationalizes the deployment by leveraging a cloud-based security infrastructure operated by Palo Alto Networks. It uses cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
We want passionate leaders who bring new ideas in all facets of DevOps. We are looking for individuals who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to problem solve at every level. Collaboration and partnership are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
- Manage and build out a team of highly skilled Site Reliability Engineers to design, build, maintain, and scale production services and server farms within our GlobalProtect Cloud Service team
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Review automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the grounds up
- Work with QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production
- Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure
- Will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Write postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation for customers and internal executive team
- BS in Engineering. MS is preferred
- Hands on experience in building fault-tolerant and scalable systems
- Strong development/automation skills
- Able to review Python code
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Career-level Unix/Linux experience, with some experience in managing 100+ nodes
- Tools-first mindset. You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick
- Experience with AWS. Azure, Oracle and/or GCP is a plus
- Experience with Configuration Management and CI/CD
- Preferred experience: API Gateway, CloudFormation or Terraform, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Route53, S3, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, VPC
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.