Intern - EMEA HR
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Get real business experience within the People Team (operations and enabling) functions. You will be part of several HR projects. The initiatives are in the core of HR and are connected strongly to the global HR People Strategy. This is the ideal position to get a deep understanding of HR and get practical experience within a multinational environment.
A workday in our People team is never typical but just to give you an impression, your day will start with attending the daily standup meeting with your colleagues to discuss current activities and challenges. Then you will support our employees and managers by ensuring we are providing them timely support and keeping an accurate HR administration. Or you will work with our talent development team to build out our sales transformation program.
Our Internship Program provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Point of contact for general HR questions
- Track employee onboarding and offboarding; coordinate the onboarding process for new employees with Staffing
- Track employee changes and promotions and ensures changes are processed in a timely manner
- Work closely with US-based departments (HRConnect, Staffing Connect, Compensation Connect, Recruitment, Expense Reports, etc.) to resolve employee questions or issues
- HR Reporting and ad-hoc HR projects/ initiatives
- Support in building the content repository of job descriptions for all sales roles
- Planning, coordinating and tracking small (sub)projects, which are mainly HR-focused
- Currently studying for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources or a related relevant study
- Good understanding of employment laws and current practices across the region
- Meticulous and have advanced proficiency in Gsuite.
- Able to work on a diversity of projects and activities Strong communication skills with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English is a requirement. Any additional European language is a plus
- Excited about gaining hands-on experience as an HR Generalist in all areas of Human Resource Management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a pressurized environment and work proactively to ensure project milestones are met
NOTE: To be eligible for this position you must be registered as a student for the entire duration (approximately 6 months) of this internship. Flexible start date January/February 2020.
Our People team works throughout the organization to enable ... you guessed it: people. We’re one team, driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the People team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects — centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.