Intern - Business Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative intern to work with our GCS Operations Analytics team who is responsible for providing standardized measurements and reporting to drive performance analytics promoting operational efficiency, facilitate decisions and resource allocations for solving strategic high-value business problems and ongoing improvement activities.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Develop rich, interactive, visually striking graphics and data visualizations of large amounts of data in Tableau
- Automate data preparation using data from Google Cloud
- Develop ad-hoc reporting and provide analytics services to support business decision-making processes
- Provide support to the development of training materials and training activities related to the BI tools and applications
- Collaborate with Business stakeholders and IT teams to help develop business applications and tools
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. (Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Predictive Analytics, or equivalent)
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to write and execute queries in SQL
- Python or other scripting languages
- BI visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Einstein Analytics)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Our GCS Operations group provides innovative systems, tools, training, processes, and infrastructure that enable the Global Customer Services (GCS) Organization to provide world-class service and support to Palo Alto Networks partners and customers.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.