Technical Writer (Prisma Access)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will directly help our customers, partners, and internal employees better understand how to configure and use our products to solve their endpoint security challenges. In this role you will work on new feature and release documentation for our VPN products and contribute to our content automation and validation project. We are looking for a writer that is curious about technology that desires to understand how a feature works and when to use it, but is also passionate about solving writing challenges through automation.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You have strong project management skills and can manage multiple simultaneious releases and projects with competing deadlines.
- Efficiency—You have a strong desire to automate and streamline authoring processes.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of proven technical writing experience.
- Must have a knowledge and background in mobile or network security.
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Proficiency in python is highly desirable.
- Experience using tutorial or walk-through tools (Pendo) is highly desirable.
- Proficient in XML-based authoring tools (such as Strctured FrameMaker).
- Adobe AEM highly desirable.
- Proficient with source control tools (Perforce).
- Experience with topic-based writing (DITA).
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations a plus.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyber attacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.