VP, Corporate Strategy, M&A
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Palo Alto Networks Corporate Development and Strategy function is a focused team that works on our most mission-critical business challenges to drive and support our industry-leading growth. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level visibility and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We’re highly valued by executives across every function and are in major demand. We operate as a tight-knit unit with a considerate, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables team members to thrive. We aim to be a collaborative, versatile, and meritocratic team.
You will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and lead the M&A pipeline to integration. Your work as a VP Strategy, M&A will directly and visibly give to our overall strategy and success. You will be tasked with identifying complex business and technology players that are top-of-mind for our executives from a partnership or investment perspective. We expect you to work collaboratively with other business functions to drive analysis, independently lead problem-solving, manage stakeholders and uncover value and opportunities for the business.
- Responsible for leading and driving our M&A due diligence integrations function working in partnership with cross-functional teams and Executive Management
- Demonstrate your relationships with VC's/Bankers/ Tech CEO's to create a robust M&A pipeline and drive business case development, deal structuring, contract negotiations, and stakeholder management for a set of priority targets
- Work with the senior leadership team to drive the realization of the strategic and financial value from all M&A transactions
- Develop and present high-quality recommendations and deliverables for executive level consumption and contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
- MBA in finance from a top tier institution
- 10+ years of experience as an M&A leader or in Technology Investment banking with a consistent track record in leading M&A
- Proven track record of inspiring others to a vision and actively managing a highly professional, M&A team
- transactions and integrations
- Deep knowledge of cyber security environment
- Established relationships with tech bankers, VCs and startup CEO’s (ideally cybersecurity & SaaS)
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Highly motivated, high impact, energetic leader, who is passionate about M&A and can thrive in a high performance, results-driven environment
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- Experience in building unquestioning relationships and influencing others
- Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
- Proven leader who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.