Background Check Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an essential member of the Talent Acquisition team, this position plays a key role in the success of Palo Alto Networks recruitment goals by ensuring candidate background screenings are handled with integrity and accuracy. You will also assist in data entry to our background check tool, choosing the appropriate verifications. The ideal person will have excellent use of judgment in research, interviews and report accurate content. You possess phenomenal attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple stakeholders and priorities, and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Your focus is on delivering amazing candidate experiences, developing lasting relationships and participate closely with HR colleagues across the globe.
- Initiate searches from the designated queue, which can include domestic and international employment, education verifications, and criminal history records
- Cross-reference candidate information from multiple sources
- Be familiar with company systems, tools, adjudication guidelines, and legal resources
- Review all search results and maintain accurate records in the background check system
- Learn and apply compliance guidelines to searches which can vary by global regions
- Handle candidate disputes and escalations
- Assist in the maintenance of department documentation and process improvements
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work smartly
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders
- Prior knowledge and experience working with ATS and background check processes and systems
- Experienced in working with confidential data
- Self-motivated and dedicated while working independently
- Extremely detail oriented with data entry experience
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and social skills
- Proven track record of problem-solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling the teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.