Software Development Architect (SaaS Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join the team that is building our latest cloud security product - Aperture. This fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more. Aperture enables organizations to store terabytes of sensitive data in these applications while preventing any security threats to their cloud. This role will also give you a unique opportunity to collaborate with many of our supported SaaS vendors and build skills to influence every aspect of delivering an enterprise-class cloud security service.
Bring your backend java cloud engineering skills to work on the latest cloud software/web applications. Help us deploy and scale the next generation of cloud security utilizing big data.
- Own software architecture and technical approach across the platform
- Design and architect distributed, scalable, microservices based systems
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive key design decisions, document / communicate architectural expectations and ensuring alignment
- Hold engineers to the highest expectations and provide feedback on code and architectural approaches implemented by the team
- Help teams disassemble and address complex technical issues
- Know the latest industry trends and evaluate new technologies for appropriateness of applications
- Ensure software components have a clear separation of concerns yet still function smoothly as a concerted group
- Partner with product management to define product requirements and influence overall product direction
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Expert level of experience building highly performant software applications
- Excellent programming and design skills
- Experience in building distributed SaaS multi-tenant systems, REST APIs, and microservices that work on petabytes of data, using any of the big data stores
- Mastery in SQL concepts, writing high-performance queries.
- Understand non-functional implications to design like security, data migration, deployment, etc.
- Good understanding of working with large datasets in real time environment
- Proven passion for continuous development - CI/CD
- Customer-first and results-first mindset and the ability to make practical choices when making engineering choices
- Experience with at least one of the public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in building security products- preferred
- Open source contributions- preferred
- Experience presenting/sharing in public forums- preferred
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.