Consulting Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are currently seeking a top-tier Consulting Engineer (CE) to join our America’s team to help drive the adoption and integration of our private cloud and data center virtualization solutions within our customers’ networks. In this position, you will play a key role in building systems and solutions that will help drive the value of our next-generation security platform and simplify the effort to deploy these solutions.
The Consulting Engineer will work with our customer-facing sales teams (Systems Engineers and Account Executives), internal partners (Product Management, Support, Marketing & others) to ensure that the solution work is aligned with our market goals and product capabilities and roadmaps. The CE will also produce tools to educate the Systems Engineering community, as well as resolve out customer issues.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- The SE Specialist will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- 4+ years of technical hands-on experience with information security
- This role requires an in-depth understanding of IP Networking, Network/Endpoint/Cloud Security, Threat Mitigation, and Packet Analysis
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sales engineer facing customers, preferably working in a start-up and/or vendor environment
- Solid understanding of web applications, web protocols, security and Internet environments
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime
- Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex security environment
- Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure, and behavior
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments
- BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable.)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product
- Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.