Engineering Technical Support (Cortex XDR)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The ETAC team is an exciting crossroads between Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Engineering. The team is empowered to drive decisions and to be the thought leaders within the Global Customer Support organization at Palo Alto Networks. On any given day members of the team may work with new products and software very early in the new product introduction (NPI) process, provide training, assist a support engineer with a customer issue, replicate a complex issue in our lab, evaluate customer network design or help improve features for supportability and usability. We are a relatively small global team and will only consider the top people from a support or engineering background.
You are a good candidate if you are excellent at working with many cross-functional teams such as developers, product management, sales and also customers. In particular, you will be engaging with our successful endpoint security product (Traps) which also has a cloud management aspect, allowing you to be involved with different technologies- From deep OS knowledge (Windows, Mac and Linux) to networking and cloud (AWS, GCP).
- Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
- Ownership of critical issues. This doesn’t mean being responsible for the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case the customer calls about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development engineering on replication or verification and communicating updates
- New product development - combine the responsibility of continuing our state-of-the-art technical knowledge and skills learned from prior technical support, an ETAC engineer will identify supportability and usability requirements for new products during the design phase as well as post-FCS via enhancement requests
- Develop and deliver training material for TAC. Training is a key component of the day-to-day success of support. An ETAC engineer is responsible for staying up to date with technical details on Palo Alto Networks new products and industry in general and sharing those details with TAC via white papers, BBLs, or TOIs
- Develop tools for TAC – For better visibility and troubleshooting
- Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to “catch” a problem before it escalated. ETAC is positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security
More information about Cortex XDR product can be found here.
Experience: 5+ years in support roles, working directly with large global customers and partners in addition to internal teams (such as DevOps, Engineering, QA, Product managers..)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required basic networking knowledge - Ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique environments with mixed applications and protocols
Required experience with supporting Endpoint software products
Required strong experience with Windows OS based applications (Installation, troubleshooting, Debugging)
Windows internals, Linux and macOS internals a plus
Previous experience with Endpoint Protection software is a plus
Experience with MS Server solutions (SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS, Exchange) is a plus
The ability to script in different languages is a plus. Ability to read source code (C/C++/Python) is desirable
Experience training internal teams is a plus
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain different.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.