Business Development Representative - Benelux (Amsterdam based)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Being a Business Development Representative (BDR) is not an easy task. This is the opportunity for those passionate about being a part of something bigger than themselves. We are out to fulfill our company mission with the strongest products in the industry. Being a BDR means handling rejection well, but persevering, regardless. It means cold-calling, selling, and pitching our products to people who are under tremendous pressure to secure their digital environments. And it means sticking with it with a level of tenacity defined only by your dedication to seeing a sale through.
To fit in this role, you are personable, willing to ask questions, always learning, have a strong work ethic, are persistent, and coachable. You are confident in who you are and able to enjoy the personable interactions that come with a job in sales. Becoming a part of the team means you will be surrounded by amazing and hardworking, teammates and that’s a phenomenal place to be. Plus, the added bonus of changing the world? Now that's just icing on the cake.
- Qualify leads generated from Marketing programs and promotions
- Direct Pre-Qualified Leads to the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) Sales District
- Market the company’s products and/or services via telephone and email, often cold-calling leads to gauge interest and create opportunity
- Follow up on pre-qualified leads with the sales team to ensure they are processed timely and lead to pipeline creation
- Document all activities and customer interactions in Salesforce.com
- Set appointments for both Field and Inside Sales Representatives, Account Executives, and prospective clients
- Identify client needs, provide guidance and information around our products and services with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction
- Build long-term relationships with clients, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Seek and develop new business opportunities in the market
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products and services, including capabilities and pricing, and on cybersecurity industry trends
- Consistently meet or exceed metrics set by leaders and managers
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills
- Possess high energy, strong desire to achieve top results with a charismatic, positive “can-do" attitude over the phone and in person
- Previous work experience in handling inbound and outbound calls and inquiries
- Ability to understand technical concepts, possess an enthusiasm for technology and to articulate clearly
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics set by management
- Up to 1-2 years of applicable sales experience
- Experience in IT Security a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud technologies a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or