Commercial Sales Manager
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history and a seven-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for our innovation and ability to execute. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job may be for you!
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks Commercial Sales team is hiring dynamic, high energy and driven sales people into our organization to develop customer relationships through phone, email, social selling and online demonstrations. As a Commercial Sales Manager you are the central point of customer contact; building relationships, delighting customers, advising the market, and leading a pivotal role in expanding our fast growing customer base!
- Achieve sales quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads
- Take full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating knowledge of sales cycle
- Develop market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies,goals, and objectives of accounts
- Sell to new and existing customers of Palo Alto Networks
- Ability to analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT managers and senior decision makers within territory
- Maintain records of customers engagement and update opportunities in Salesforce.com daily
- Identify and resolve issues that impede the business relationship between Palo Alto Networks and the customer to ensure business continuity by resolving issues that impact the business
- Maximize short term revenue – transactional business
- Identify and build plan for high touch accounts in territory
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with sales teams of our channel partners
- Identify channel partners in assigned territory
- Build territory plans with distribution and partners to scale your business
- Regularly engage with the PANW DBM for your region to identify potential commercial go to market partners and provide enablement support when needed
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive position of the company
- Prepare NSP quotes that are correctly drafted and submitted for processing as per company requirements
- Key Success Metrics include
- Attainment of assigned personal sales Quota
- Net New customer acquisition
- Pipeline generation for the assigned territory
- Proven track record in exceeding sales quotas and targets within the market
- Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel-centric go to market approach
- Able to exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Preferred candidates with 3+ years sales experience in the IT industry
- Is abreast of industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Is passionate about their work/ Is achievement oriented
- Interacts effectively with others
- Is able to maintain focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
- Understands the sales cycle in conjunction with business process externally and internally e.g. signoffs require relationships at all levels
- Must have excellent English language skills
The commercial business in EMEA is defined as all accounts/prospects that are not assigned to a field sales manager (MAM, RSM) in the field. Commercial customers can range in size or industry. The common factor is that commercial clients are served by Palo Alto Networks authorized Nextwave partners and the commercial field or inside sales team (CSM) work with channel partners to drive net new business and expand opportunities.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.