Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager (New Product Introduction)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks IT is building a world-class IT product management team and continues to look for top-notch IT product managers to expand the team. As an IT Product Manager for New Product Introductions, you will be responsible for partnering with various business stakeholders to develop and drive delivery of new product and service offerings for our company. You will partner closely with Legal, Finance, Revenue, Sales, Sales Operations, Operations, and Global Customer Support to define, and with IT Software Engineers, Program Managers, Product Managers, and Scrum Masters, to deliver new offerings that are robust and provide a seamless experience to our customers and partners. Having a software engineering background and experience supporting the business functions listed is critical for success in this challenging and rewarding role. The position will report to the Director of NPI.
- Partner with business, product management, and engineering to define requirements, develop functional specifications, and estimate delivery timelines
- Develop a viewpoint and influence partner in how modern security products and services should be commercialized, sold, licensed, and supported in the enterprise market
- Work with business partners across the company to understand their operational and system requirements. Drive innovative scalable solution to address those needs
- Act as the product owner in an Agile/Scrum process and own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Manage feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making around scope, timeline, and
resourcingin collaboration with Product Managers
- Manage delivery of CPQ, ERP and custom Licensing and entitlement system enhancements for multiple simultaneous product and service offerings
- Accept completion of user stories, and drive the integration testing efforts with IT engineers
- Collaborate with a Scrum Master to continuously improve our processes and velocity of the NPI team’s sprints
- Responsible for the completeness, quality, and acceptance of the final deliverables
- Effectively partner with business, product and IT teams to deliver on an aggressive agenda of projects for improving delivery execution
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required
- Strong desire to take ownership of a set of new product/service offerings and drive delivery of system changes to launch them
- Drive to design something new, innovative, scalable and disruptive
- Broad understanding of the commercial and operational needs of hardware and/or software products/services
- Hands-on deep domain knowledge of one or more Configure-Price-Quote or ERP systems is a must-have
- Experience working with cross-functional business teams in a high technology company
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in Agile/Scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Software development background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative mindset – this is a highly cross-functional role
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.