Director (Product Security Incident Response Team)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a strong leader to build and lead our Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) function for all of our products and services as Director of PSIRT.
PIRT serves a critical function in managing our response to security incidents and vulnerabilities found in our products and services. The PSIRT team manages all inbound security vulnerability reports from initial reporting and validation to incident closure with the support of the security research and product engineering teams. PSIRT works closely with all functions of the business, including engineering, product management, support, corporate communications, and sales engineering in order to properly support our products and our customers through product security vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Management of the day-to-day operations of PSIRT core functions, including the management of product security incidents from initial disclosure to full resolution with engineering, security researchers, and customers
- Ownership and definition of all product security incident response policies, processes, and playbooks
- Responsibility for hiring, building and managing the PSIRT team
- Working with all product teams around the world to standardize and unify our PSIRT function globally across all products and services
- Working with engineering and tools teams to build tooling and automation as required to add speed and scale to the team
- BA/BS in CS, engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product security, security engineering, security operations, or incident response functions
- Familiarity with Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) and MITRE Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) systems
- Comfortable at a technical level with common types of software vulnerabilities, how they are attacked, and the criticality and impact to software and services
- Ability to work closely with security researchers and product engineering to collect, manage, and disseminate technical content relating to software vulnerabilities, attack information, and mitigations.o stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.