Channel Business Manager - West (Contract)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Channel Business Manager will, at the same time, be part of an international team of channel managers, and will work closely with the local Palo Alto Networks sales team in his/her country or region. The goal is to develop our channel partners to become more self-sufficient, more committed and more dedicated to working with our Palo Alto Networks’ sales teams. The role will focus on delivering measurable results including increased revenue, market share and mind share with the partner sales, customers and partner management.
- Work within and contribute to the West regional channel business plan that will drive for a sufficiently large channel landscape that can support the growth ambitions of the company
- Hold regular business planning sessions within channels
- Establish Palo Alto Networks, Inc. as the standard and build contractual vehicles and achievements to measure success
- Develop and present a QBR outlining your program capture, achievements, and sales execution
- Set and measure strong but reachable goals with channels
- Balance short term initiatives with longer-term development
- Enable channel sales and pre-sales people to become successful with Palo Alto Networks
- Take initiatives to build a channel community of committed and knowledgeable channel sales
- Work together with other functional managers within the country (sales, pre-sales, marketing and inside sales)
- Work within the West channel team and report into Director Channels - India & SAAR$C
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing Channel partners
- 5-10 years of dynamic channel development experience
- Tangible track record of building channel business successfully in a fast-growing environment
- Key relationships built at Tier 1, 2 & 3 Partners in West region
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills
- A strong understanding of the sales process and Business Needs of the named partners
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Higher education or university degree
- Structured. Focused. Business minded. Able to prioritize. A-player. Standout colleague. Willing to be part of an ambitious, successful, fast growing company, offering unique and disruptive technology that addresses the security business needs of a fast-growing customer and prospect base
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.