Intern - Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Customer Experience Automation team is seeking a Software Engineer Intern to help continue building and scaling our Best Practice Assessment (BPA) tool. The BPA has been used by thousands of customers and users to identify gaps in their security adoption and improve their alignment to best practices. Usage of this tool is a company priority with executive backing, so you would have the opportunity to make an outsize impact on both the company and our customers.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand user requirements for data and reporting
- Work cross-functionally to prototype, test, and deploy data products for internal and external customers
- Develop rich, interactive, visually striking graphics and data visualizations of "large" amounts of data
- Help develop and implement processes and tools to create an amazing Customer Success experience and drive appropriate client metrics
- Python web development frameworks (Django)
- REST API development (Django Rest Framework, Swagger, etc.)
- Frontend UI frameworks (i.e. React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Linux/Unix systems administration (CentOS)
- Containers (Docker)
- Data Visualization and Analysis (Tableau)
- Possess strong skills/aspirations in a client facing communications
- Ability to collaborate and influence across functions and geographies
- Take initiative to develop strategies and content to drive the mission and charter forward
- Have a passion for customer experience and customer success
- Experience in Analytics, within the relevant domains of customer service, product, marketing, social networks, etc.
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools or packages preferred (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- Visualization design experience to include dashboards, executive briefings, or front-end visualizations
- Python or other scripting language experience
- Linux/Unix systems administration experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Customer Success Automation & Analytics team is responsible for the innovation around the development of tools to help our customers better understand and measure their current prevention posture and adherence to best practices.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.