Principal Build Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Are you someone who is passionate about building systems and tools that help drive Ci/CD? Do you get excited about helping developers and businesses release products and features fast with quality? If so, this may be the role for you! You will be working across groups so collaboration and teamwork will be a critical part of this role.
As a Principal Engineer, you will need extensive knowledge of Ci/CD systems such as Jenkins. You thrive on setting up build systems that are automated and self-service. This role is well-suited for those who enjoy tackling big problems and want to ensure that the build process is never a bottleneck for delivering high-quality code quickly.
- Constantly look to improve the scalability and efficiency of our continuous Delivery pipeline via automation, open-source tools and improvements in our release process
- Work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative and challenging environment with a focus on driving best practices across the organization
- Collaborate with engineering and across other business units to keep our release dates on track
- Mentor and coach more junior team members and drive best practices and knowledge across the build team
- 8 - 12 years hands-on experience as a software engineer, technical build engineer, DevOps engineer or similar role
- Outstanding critical thinking, organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- Dependable self-starter who takes ownership
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Linux based build environments required
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Bash or Python preferred)
- Proven experience working with Ci systems such as Jenkins for automation and build pipelines
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes for automating containerized build environments, application deployments, scaling, or container orchestration is highly desirable
- Experience in build environments that leveraged Perforce or Git desirable
- Knowledge and experience with repository managers such as Artifactory desirable
- Experience with enterprise products running in the cloud or in an appliance form factor desirable
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent required (M.S. Preferred)
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.