Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Policy
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Working as a key member of our APAC strategy team, you will partner with federal, state, and local governments who are navigating the complex changes to the cybersecurity industry. Your partnership and thought leadership will drive conversations throughout the APAC region, and enable policies, protocols, and best practices to be implemented globally. Your quick thinking, knowledge, and innovative approach to cybersecurity will help organisations better protect their digital futures.
- Develop and implement effective communication and stakeholder relations strategies, focusing on effective working relationships at federal, state, and local government levels
- Own discrete projects with the ability to define the problem, analyse the appropriate course of action and lead cross-functional teams to deliver the outcome
- Own the delivery of stakeholder engagement and coordination outcomes for government-driven policy initiatives in APAC
- Monitor and advise on policy, regulatory and legislative changes which may impact Palo Alto Network’s and our customer’s activities and support the preparation of submissions and engagement activities to positively influence any proposed changes.
- Coordinate preparations for, and monitoring of, parliamentary sittings, including liaison with senior Palo Alto Networks leaders for key stakeholder engagements
- Coordinate development of proactive and reactive briefs for ministers and departments on a diverse range of subjects including security-related policy matters and major organisational initiatives
- Monitor and engage on current and emerging public policy issues impactful to the company and customers, including on cybersecurity, data flows, cloud, and other policies
- Build new, and strengthen existing, relationships with individuals and government institutions that have a role in developing and implementing relevant laws
- Present company’s policy positions to governments and industry trade groups via written position papers and comments, meetings, briefings, technical exchanges, and via multiplier organizations (e.g. trade and industry associations); present at conferences and related opportunities
- Provide sound and timely advice and recommendations to the leadership team to assist with the protection and enhancement of Palo Alto Networks' reputation
- Support the broader team where required across relevant team functions, including project communication, media (including social media) and community engagement activities
- Bring ~10 years of working for or within government, preferably with ministerial and senior executive interlocutors as routine
- Proven ability to build relationships that last beyond a sales or electoral cycle with a record of acting as a trusted advisor to generate business outcomes
- Candidates will preferably have formal legal training and/or experience
Our Strategy and Business Operations is a focused team that works on our most critical business challenges to drive and support our industry-leading growth. Your efforts will directly impact the overall strategy and success of a world-leading cybersecurity business. You will collaborate on complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. You possess a unique blend of business insight, business strategy experience, big-picture thinking, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with a large number of constituents within Palo Alto Networks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.