Director, People Technology
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The People Technology Director will provide leadership to the People technology team, and oversee all People systems & solutions across the employee lifecycle to deliver delightful employee experiences and operate an efficient and productive business.
She/he will thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment within a highly collaborative and execution oriented setup.
- Develop and execute on People Technology strategy that is aligned with business goals and priorities and proactively helping achieve our company vision
- Provide leadership on delivering and enhancing all People/HR technologies, including Workday, other best-of-breed employee centric applications
- Leverage People Technology innovations, AI/ML use cases focused on employee and People Team productivity; experience integrating best-of-breed marketplace innovations with the employee experience
- Drive, influence, advise the data flow across our applications and organization in collaboration with People Analytics and IT, leveraging insights to integrate, automate experiences for employees and People colleagues
- Provide strong program management capabilities, operate in an agile environment and lead cross functional teams and partners to deliver business outcomes
- Collaborate with People stakeholders to ensure that business objectives are understood, translated to requirements, product configurations are optimized, business processes are efficient to deliver world class employee experiences
- Collaborate with the People Team, Business Partners, and IT to develop a strategy to optimize our Workday environment to deliver on our employees needs through their lifecycle as we grow the business
- Collaborate closely with IT to ensure that all technical standards are met, and integration into the ecosystem is seamless, secure, scalable and supports the right data architecture
- 10+ years within People Technology with at least 5 years leading a team and developing and executing strategy
- Proficient in HR technology platforms (HCM, ATS, LMS)
- Proficient in Workday modules and functions, and deep experience with system design, process mapping, testing and deployment of Workday solutions
- Passion for People Technology innovation, knowledge of the startup landscape. Experience implementing new People technology platforms
- The ability to translate business objectives and needs into a clear vision and roadmap, with rigorous requirements, then support the execution of that vision
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working directly with users & collaborating across internal teams, partners, consultants to deliver complex projects
- Ability to understand technical concepts / software applications and to use data, metrics, and user research findings to back up assumptions and drive actions
- Ability to manage and negotiate with external suppliers and vendors
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on developing, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.