Manager, Systems Engineering, Public Cloud, East
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As our Systems Engineer Manager for Public Cloud, you are the technical leader for your District Systems Engineering team. You will work closely with the District Sales Manager for Public Cloud and, along with your team, build relationships with your customers with the goal of helping them deploy workloads securely across any of three major Cloud Service Providers. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SEs will keep them ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of prevention and detection.
We are looking for a leader to develop our sales teams, providing training and technical support as a product expert. Additionally, you will provide feedback to the product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base. Your team, in partnership with the sales account managers, will displace competitor technologies and build market share within your targeted list, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as they use our products to secure their public cloud infrastructure and workloads.
- Recruit and hire new systems engineers into the territory, hiring the best talent in the industry
- Responsible to train, mentor, and review employees on your team, keeping them engaged and successful in their careers
- Support field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem-solving and challenging customer environments
- Define and create an updated system engineering training curriculum
- Develop relationships with channel partners and their technical teams to ensure colleagues are appropriately trained and can support our installations
- Provide effective technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and standard methodologies employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process
- Act as a floating system engineer and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage challenge
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise
- Build and manage relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from to CIO
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for
- Discuss competitor products in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to build requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in our product suite
- Maintain a general understanding of competitor selling strategies and product capabilities
- 50-75% travel within the region
- BS CS/EE or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales System Engineer Manager
- 6+ years as a Senior System Engineer or Consulting Engineering
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products
- Working knowledge of AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, GCP, other cloud providers, and cloud security models, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Quota driven attitude focused on client's best solution by being a trusted advisor
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our Systems Engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our systems engineering team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.