Senior Technical Program Manager (Information Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Information Security team is looking for an experienced program manager to drive the organization and execution of information security initiatives. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where energy, drive, and a collaborative approach are key to success.
- Provide program management leadership for enterprise deployment of Information Security and Product Security programs and projects
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives
- Manage and maintain team backlogs and drive effective prioritization
- Be the expert on release life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high-quality standards with your delivery team
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to identify & manage program/project dependencies & come up with an execution plan
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful status reporting to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning
- Understand the systems in their program space, the limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind architectural decisions
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in an enterprise IT, product security or information security environment with an emphasis on program management and development
- Strong technical acumen and ability to actively participate and contribute to technical design discussions
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
- Experienced in driving large cross-functional programs and projects
- Excellent communication, organization, and influence skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and drive issues to resolution and escalate when necessary
- Understands and thrives in a dynamic environment; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- An expert in communicating and collaborating with cross-functional team members to achieve goals; contributes positively to the team and organization
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Proficient with applications, tools, and methodologies used to organize, manage, report progress, and deliver programs and projects
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision. Ability to learn quickly and just in time
- Prefer degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management, or equivalent work experience
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.