Senior Penetration Tester (Endpoint)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our product is advanced endpoint security software - identifying on attacker’s techniques before any malicious activity could successfully run, which enables us to prevent many types of cyber-attacks, including zero-day attacks.
More information about ENDPOINT PROTECTION product can be foundHere
The primary focus of this role will be to perform Windows Security Testing, Security assessments, static and Dynamic analysis on new security features and developing tests as well as automate existing public security tools and infrastructures.
You will be expected to be able to conduct hands-on Windows OSs testing beyond automated tool validation, conduct scenario-based and functional security testing during authenticated testing against well established and accepted Windows security practices.
- Work with experts and learn Security and operating system internals
- Learn how to mitigate against new security vulnerabilities
- Write tools to validate new Security features
- Breaking software systems in creative and useful ways
- Improve existing frameworks and define the strategy for regression/progression security testing / new capabilities
- Perform validation /assessment EDR data - through automated or manual assessments
- Analyze complex software features/failures
- Debug bugs found through security evaluation or customer cases to identify gaps and use the input to improve tests
- Responsible for documenting known architectural and control gaps discovered during testing.
- Works closely with other organizations within Palo Alto Networks
- Stays up-to-date on the latest adversary tactics, techniques, and tooling
- Develop tools to validate EDR data and threats coverage to challenge the output produced by our development team
- Possess a deep understanding of both information security and Windows internals, proactive testing, and Script / coding best practices
- Understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, tools development, and stealthy operations
- 3+ years Security Analyst experience or equivalent – Must
- Knowledge and experience in Windows operating system/ internals – must
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Familiarity with application DevOps concepts, tools, and technologies - advantage
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to examine an organization from the standpoint of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms
- Programming experience in on or more languages such as Python, C# , Ruby, Powershell, BASH
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both Hebrew and English
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.