Director, Demand Generation & Marketing Operations - Americas
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re looking for an A-Player who can help take our Americas Marketing organization through Palo Alto Network’s next phase of growth from $3B to $6B. The Director, Americas Demand Generation & Marketing Operations will report to the VP of Americas Marketing, leading a small but dynamic team (marketing ops, BDR enablement, lead management and reporting), with a view to expand the team as we grow.
The ideal individual has extensive experience in creating and executing campaigns largely focused on a commercial audience, managing and optimizing lead flow and follow-up, partnering closely with inside sales to increase conversion rates at each stage of the funnel & ultimately drive incremental pipeline and bookings, with a view to continuously optimize and improve results.
We are looking for a top-notch marketer who is also a multiplier leader with passion, authenticity, great communication skills, and a strong relationship builder who has the ability to drive excellence in execution. Are you a sales-oriented marketing leader with strategic depth and disruptive thinking who can lead through change and consistently deliver on aggressive growth targets? If so, this may be the role for you!
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You’re creative and can come up with unique campaigns to reach existing and net-new customers through multiple channels: webinars, direct mail, email nurtures, communities, social, paid advertising, and more.
• You enjoy working closely with sales to help find new business
• You’ve got experience developing outbound call campaigns to support our business development and inside sales efforts
• You understand the demand generation funnel and have been measured on pipeline and conversion before
• You put your Salesforce.com analytics skills to work and find ways to optimize lead conversion and follow up
• When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!
• Your sales team made their numbers because you generated enough pipeline to convert
• You are the “go-to” marketing leader for our inside sales and territory sales reps
• You leverage all the data and analytics available to you to strategically go after net-new logos and our renewal (refresh+) business. You engage the right individuals with relevant messages on a regular basis
• Experience in generating new and innovative approaches to problems and challenging status quo and is constantly looking for ways to change the game
• Experience in breaking through organization boundaries and working at multiple levels to drive collaboration and teamwork while building strong, positive relationships
• Solid experience inclusively communicating to ensure diversity of voice is heard, considered, and enabled while empowers others to do the same
• Proven experience of consistently delivering on expectations and getting the job done
• Ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Able to determine opportunities and threats through intimacy with the business and comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
• Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner with a focus on key priorities
• Ability to develop people: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles
• Ability to set goals, drive team performance and excellence: Gives clear direction and goal-setting that is aligned to business priorities and outcomes, disciplined at measuring performance against KPIs and rewards/recognizes people for excellence
• 10+ years of demonstrated success working as part of or in partnership with inside sales organizations
• Willingness to travel as required
• Bachelor's degree or master’s degree in business, marketing, or technology is preferred
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.