Senior Big Data Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our daily fight with cyber bad guys requires us to collect and analyze a lot of data…. A LOT of data. And, as our customer base continues its rapid growth, we need to look at faster and more robust tools to help us and our customers make the best decisions possible.
With your knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data technologies, you will add your tools-building superpowers to a small team tasked with building out a DevOps automation environment, one that will step up our Business Analytics game and help us protect our customers from cyber intruders.
We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
- As a Senior Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics team responsible for the design and development of distributed data applications on Cloud
- Partner with data analyst, product owners, and data scientists, to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks, resolutions, etc
- Design, develop and support Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks, tools, Micro Services leveraging public cloud infrastructure
- Be an SME for all things ‘Cloud and Big Data’ as well as mentor other team members
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing and data serving systems
- Build data pipelines and ETL using heterogeneous sources
- Build data ingestion from various source systems to Google Cloud using Kafka, Dataflow, Dataproc Streaming, etc
- Responsible to ensure that the platform goes through Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) with DevOps automation
- Expands and grows data platform capabilities to tackle new data problems and challenges
- Supports Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions using groundbreaking technologies like Apache Beam
- Have the ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- Degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, Cloud and other Distributed Systems and Technologies
- Strong hands-on experience in developing applications in more than one language stacks: Java, Python, Scala
- Expert-level software development experience - practicing strong software development principles and best practices: Test-driven development, CI/CD, coding standards
- Ability to dynamically adapt to conventional big data and Cloud frameworks and tools with the use-cases required by the project
- Experience with building stream-processing systems using solutions such as Dataflow, spark-streaming, or Flink, etc
- Experience in Google Cloud Technologies is a plus
- Experience in other open-sources technologies like Elastic Search, Logstash, JanusGraph is a plus
- Knowledge of design strategies for developing a scalable, resilient, always-on data lake
- Some knowledge of agile(scrum) development methodology is a plus
- Strong development/automation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.