Director of Communications (R&D)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Communications Director to support the Product organization across all product lines. Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and have a proven track record as a strategic thinker and doer? If so, this may be the role for you! In this role, you will ensure the strategy for Palo Alto Networks is clearly communicated to both internal and external stakeholders. Experience in an internal communications for a large organization is essential. You will be the principal communications advisor to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and his leadership team.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications media, such as the company intranet and Slack
- Draft senior executives’ written and spoken messages to employees
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all media and departments of the organization
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of external events for the CPO and some of his leadership team
- 7 to 10 years’ communications experience, with a focus on internal communications in a product organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills, with experience presenting to an executive audience
- Strong team player and creative thinker
- Ability to influence without authority and to build strong senior relationships to gain input and buy-in for design and implementation of changes
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual who will oversee timely, first-rate execution
- Ability to work under pressure to adhere to tight, last-minute deadlines
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.