Senior Finance Director, Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an exceptional Senior Finance Director, Marketing to join our Finance team. This position reports to the SVP of Finance and will partner closely with the People Team organization. We’re looking for a strong leader with exceptional analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will work with executive business partners in Marketing to help drive strategic decision-making, provide financial insight, and build operational rigor and efficiency. You will own the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for these teams and provide recommendations to your business partners within these key functional areas. You will also be responsible for key financial deliverables and ad hoc analyses.
- Develop deep understanding of the go-to-market organizations and partner with Marketing leaders to align business and financial goals
- Define, develop and continuously create and refine strategic plans for Marketing.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders to analyze key drivers of business health such as pipeline, bookings and ROI.
- Partner with Marketing leadership to deliver improvements to P&Ls for the Marketing organization
- Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Synthesize internal and external data sources to analyze and model business impacts associated with key initiatives including pricing analysis, new product & service offerings and cost structure optimization.
- Support annual business planning process to optimize ROI on company objectives
- Proactively manage the planning and forecasting processes across the organization
- Fulfill ad-hoc and regular requests to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making
- Meet deliverables and requests from business partners, corporate FP&A, accounting, and other cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent. MBA strongly preferred
- 15+ years of finance experience or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Requires a strategic thinker that demonstrates leadership, vision and insight
- Requires a hands-on manager with a strong finance background
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Requires experience preparing presentations and presenting to senior executives and/or boards of directors
- Requires experience developing complex financial models and writing and reviewing complex proposals
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.