Senior DevOps Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Be part of a team responsible for building our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security management products. Our fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise cloud and data center deployments.
Keys to Success
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer that has experience maintaining SaaS applications on public cloud platforms.
- You will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and scaling production services running in public cloud environments.
- You will write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale. You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- You will work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the grounds up.
- Develop tools for enabling CI/CD, automate testing and release management
- You will roll up your sleeves to troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause.
- You will write postmortem reviews and remediation recommendations.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and train junior DevOps engineers.
- 5 years or more experience as a developer with at least 3 years in a DevOps role
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet)
- Experience in building scalable dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting SaaS applications
- Strong coding skills in Python or other scripting language.
- Experience with GCP or AWS.
- Understanding and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Bamboo, MySQL, NodeJS
- Familiarity with middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, RabbitMQ, and other components used in public cloud environment is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve issues related to systems or networking quickly
- Knowledgeable about collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple issues
- Deployment TERRAFORM, Monitor PROMETHEUS, Dashboard GRAFANA
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts