Hardware Device QA (Consumer Products)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - hardware and device quality assurance who seek to develop state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. We are looking for candidates who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a member of our Consumer Group, you will be responsible for help to define and execute the relationship with our manufacturers and partners for new consumer devices with security features. You will work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge for device testing, and interact with compliance and engineering throughout the entire development cycle.
- High focus on quality, serviceability and usability for Consumer PAN Products
- Drive the quality and verification of internal and ODM / JDM and partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally and maintain productive relationships with engineering, compliance, product management, manufacturing engineering and planning teams
- Promote a healthy working environment with strong focus on individual career development.
- Develop and maintain new processes to ensure product quality in fast pace working environment
- Support engineering teams to ensure early engagement
- 5+ years in Device Platform / Embedded quality assurance (networking and consumer products a plus)
- Experience working with bug/issue tracking system such as Jira
- Experience scripting and automating test scenarios
- Experience working with compliance agencies a plus
- Experience scoping and scheduling requirements for new programs
- Experience writing test plans and test cases in a management system like TestRail
- Excellent understanding of testing processes
- Experience in working with ODM or JDM with both domestic and/or offshore partners a plus
- Bachelors or master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with multi-functional groups
- Teammate who brings a can-do attitude to a dynamic working environment
Our team designs and builds hardware devices, networking technologies, software, and services for delivering on customer needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate customer requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and functional.
The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are entrepreneurial and hands-on while helping to craft a vision and being a key member to execute on that vision.
We contribute to Palo Alto Networks being the fastest growing cybersecurity company in the world by understanding the evolution of cyberattacks and designing products to keep users safer and more secure.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.